Find
Notify
Tools

opinions on etronex 22-250?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of lofter
posted
Saw one of these with the fluted stainless barrel new in box for $535. It looks very tempting.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If you buy one, make sure you buy a lifetime supply of the special primers they require at the same time.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger the special primers, GeorgeS.

I have a bunch of old Remingtons and like them (that's right), but in my opinion, Remington took a very bad idea and ran with it. Worse than a dang J-lock, I think . . . One more thing to go wrong, special this, special that, might be OK to lab test bullet production, but not for my hunting trip. Another sales gimmick, methinks.

Big deal, lock time . . .blah . . . blah . . . I wonder how many of us can shoot the difference? Not me, I'm only good for 1/4 to 3/8 moa on my very best days with my very best rifle, and I don't blame the rifle's 2oz set trigger and speed spring.

The price of the rifle sort of says a lot, weren't they close to a $900 when they were newly introduced? Anybody ever see much ammo for it at the various stores?

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
One of these days in the not too distant future it'll be an unshootable collector's item like the Daisy VL, Gyrojets, and 5mm Remington Magnum Rimfires.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the dead battery, and no jump-start....

Good concept, bad function...

Posts: 297 | Location: Stevensville MT. | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't buy it unless you have an extensive collection of remingtons you need to fill out. Cabela's in Owatonna had one for $1700 when they first came out. They still had it for significantly less when I was there last. It's a solution to a non-existent problem IMHO.

Posts: 196 | Location: MN, USA | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote