New
Find
Notify
Tools

right place,right time
 Login/Join

<Smokeless>
posted
Told my grandsons I'd take them out to the hayfield with me while I did some groundhog hunting.well they ended up talking me into a BB gun and ballon shoot after the hunt.As we walked up to a roundbale of hay I was shocked to see 2 coyote's walking in the field about125yds out,told boys get down! Loaded my #1 30-06 with a 125TNT And held crosshairs on front shoulder of what turned out to be 30lb male.The other one made for the woods,before I had chance to reload.The bullet did it's job for sure.I could'nt belive they would be out at 10:00 AM.This is the first time I ever had a chance to shoot a coyote.Kids are still bragging Pappy up! And they did great shooting at the ballons.Later I found some lead shot under the coyotes hide,guess he did'nt learn his lesson.By the way,I was hunting in Southwestern PA

Smokeless Jim
Greene CO,PA

<DLS>
posted
Be careful with those thrifty coyotes. I remember watching Roadrunner cartoons, And ole Wiley got some neat stuff from ACME, of course none of it worked. I think I would have tried another company though. [Big Grin]

<DLS>
posted
Oh, and good for you. I like to see kids having fun with their grandparents. It's a good healthy thing, especially nowadays.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Smokeless! You gave those boys something they will never forget. [Smile] Years from now they will STILL be bragging you up and asking, "Grandpa, do you remember when...?"

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote