THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: First Varmint for new Barrel

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: First Varmint for new Barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted
J-ro, Its a custom 25 cal based on the 284 case with a radius shoulder. I posted some more pics and some load data down under Single shot Rifles: 25JnkR

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nice looking rifle, and its a sweet little wildcat.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Dave on what I assume to be your first varmint kill of 2004. I had a couple just like the one you got playing in the field behind my house. It would've been a fun 450+yd shot to take, but the baby was sleeping and the wife would have killed me had I woken him up with the crack of my 22-250. Oh well, there will be another day...
What caliber were you using?

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post

This fine fellow was mousing in the field beside the house this afternoon. He gave me enough time to take a solid rest on a round bale. He was standing broadside and I held the crosshairs of the 16x set Weaver on his upper shoulder. At the shot he took a few jumps and expired. The 100grn. Nosler took him low chest at what I later lasered to be 309yds.

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote