THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Scope field test***Less expensive scopes

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Scope field test***Less expensive scopes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Bushnell Elites are some of the best. The 4200 model tests out at 92% in brightness and is as tough a scope as money can buy.
I hear good things about Sightrons as well. I don't know if they make any that fully multicoated, but they, along with the Elite 3200's have a solid rep for performance and being reliable. E

Posts: 1022 | Location: Placerville,CA,USA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Bushnell Sportview, their cheapest scope, it's a 4x12x40 with AO. It has been on my 22-250 savage for about 9 years, it works great shoot groups in the .3's

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
Odd, I had a Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x on a 22-250 briefly. Also shot into the .3's some though mostly in the .5-.6's.

Sightron's are great scopes in everyway except the coatings. Real shame too, they have a winner otherwise.

Buckmaster, and Elite 3200's have nice glass, pretty good, not great coatings, and the same internal mechanism as the top of the line models. I likely would go with the 3200 just for the Rainguard coating. Weaver V-series are worth looking at too. Slightly lesser glass(I think), but full multi-coating(the above are very good single coatings) and good mechanisms.

Also if 3-9x would work for you, I think the Leupold Rifleman series looks worth investigating. Though I haven't had one mounted to try myself.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote