New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage M12
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Started the ground squirrel season mid February shooting my .222 Rem Martini Cadet and my Savage M12 RBLP in .204 Ruger. The savage trigger felt unusually light but acted Ok for 90 rounds or so, then started decocking as the bolt was closed. At home I disassembled to trouble shoot the trigger and couldn't get it to work' acted like the adjustment spring was too light. Replaced the spring with a new one and all is well. This action has had about 25500 rounds through it, [four barrels] so the moral is if you shoot a Savage 110 derivative and the round count is getting high you should consider laying in a new spring.

Posts: 126 | Location: nothern ca | Registered: 29 August 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Surely, an interesting post on a number of things. Having a M 12 like yours did get my attention. I've had this 204 for four years. Approximately 400 rounds each year does show some breathing room still remains. Even with a number of opportunities to change calibers (four times), I'm happy to see you have stuck with the 204. Love this caliber.

Posts: 26 | Location: Florida | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Savage Model 112V in 223 Rem. After several prairie dog seasons, the extractor wore out. It was an easy replacement.

For the price, a great rifle with exceptional accuracy.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 619 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote