Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caliber conversion
 Login/Join

posted
Ok i have a ruger m77 .243 and fed up with costs of bullets. .223 is more of my kinda load and i was wondering if ruger offers a caliber conversion. Barrel and bolt maybe?? Have no information whatsoever right now anything would help.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Even if they do, you'd be money ahead trading your 243 in for a 223. JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
20 Rounds,
If you are interested in selling the 243, send me a message at smithgga@aol.com and we can talk. I'm interested in the action for another project.

Posts: 152 | Location: Carlisle. PA | Registered: 25 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Re-barrel to .22-250 or .22BR. You can use your current bolt, and take advantage of the cheaper .224" bullets.

George

[ 04-08-2003, 20:55: Message edited by: GeorgeS ]

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You would not only need a new bolt and barrel, but also a new magazine box, follower, and block. As a previous poster said, you'd be big money ahead selling your .243 and buying a .223.

But of course if a ".50 cal isn't big enough for coyotes", what do you intend to shoot with a .223? Crickets?

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Alright guys i guess the .243 is up for sale. With the money i get from the gun i think im gonna get a .223 Handi rifle heavy barrel nice scope and if i can fit it in my budget send it to get trigger job done.I guess ill start asking 350 OBO. Thanks(Ruger M77 MII .243 rings and sling 3-9x40 scope if needed.)

posted Hide Post
Yeah the .243 is my version of a bb gun lol. I prefer grasshopers over crickets though they give you a lil bit more of a challenge [Wink] . Thanks for the help guys and if anyone is interested just PM me or email me bassmaster24@hotmail.com