New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ H-S Varmint is here!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After a wait that seemed to last forever my new CZ Vamint came in! Today happened to be the last day for a few good enough to get much shooting done so I was off to the range. I was impressed with this rifle from the start. The fit and finish of the H-S Precision stock was terrific. I was also impressed with the flawless feeding and extraction/ejection from the mauser-style action. It is a far cry from my accurate but poor extraction/ejection reliability Savage. The accuracy was reasonably for using mostly FMJ and lighter loads for breaking in the bbl. I hope to get out next weekend and start working up some accurate loads for the upcoming PD season. Overall I am very happy with this rifle so far.

Posts: 61 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What caliber did you get? I have priced these at some websites and they are about $623.00. Is that
a good deal? I am interested in future groups you shoot as
I am seriously considering buying one of these guns.

thanks,

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought mine from J&G sales in AZ for $688 including factory rings, an extra magazine, and shipping UPS ground. I think the rifle itself was $598. the website is www.jgsales.com My rifle is chambered in .223 and I think that's all this H-S Precision model is chambered in so far. I really like this rifle so far and I think it will shoot much better than the 3/4" groups I was shooting at 100 yds breaking it in using FMJ. I'll keep you posted on the load progress.

Posts: 61 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote