THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    I'll be dating a dirty remingtom again, in .243 win so which bullets !!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'll be dating a dirty remingtom again, in .243 win so which bullets !!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday GHD,

Varget is actually made by ADI in Australia.

It is marketed here and in Ozz as AR2208.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure got some good mileage out of this post.

Looks like u're stuck with the 70's. They oughtta get u to 500 no problem. My 6 AI 700 gets me to 800 at less than MOA on calm days with the 87 gr. Horn. BTHP (just because i couldn't get the 87 V-Max to shoot which is the highest BC pure varmint bullet made, @ .4-- darn it!).

More importantly, do u have a laser rgfndr., and what kind of system r u gonna develop to get to 500 for 1st shot connections? It's gonna help big time to have some sort of "tactical" system employed, i.e. knowing instead of guessing range/windage and referencing both in the scope somehow-- either ballistic reticle or comeups with a decent windage reference (wide duplex would work OK for this with plex post tips @ 3.3 MOA). Just something else to think about.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SS coyote I think I may get a 8.5-25 leupold with the turrets for this gun....I do intend later in the year to get a range finder !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
8.5-25X Leupold is a good choice-- believe it or not i actually killed a 775 yd. coyote this last winter using one of them on a buddy's 18 lb. Nesika Bay 270 WSM. Here's the story on it--

http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=538

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PC, The LEUPOLD 8.5-25 would probably be a good choice for the rifle but I will offer another opinion, saving a bit of change(which can be used for more brass, primers and bullets) and results on varmints will still be extrodanaire!!! The Nikon 6.5-20x44 Monarch or the Nikon Buckmaster 6x18 x44 with Target Turrets!! Dial em up, dial em down.......right on!!! I have been impressed with both these models on several different rifles.....and also shootin 1000 yards at Williamsport, PA!!! (home of the original 1000 yard BR matches)! Just another fly in the ointment for your consideration!!! Charlie (GHD)

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GD,

that was an awsome shot.....I do not think I will ever be talented enough to make a shot like that, I want to make a shot at 450-500 yards thats my goal.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote