Notify
Tools

Re: VLD bullets-chambers
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of redial
posted
Chief,

If you happen to be a lefty and haven't started to build yet, I may have a deal for you.

I'm considering selling my prone gun - a long action 700 Rem in 6mm Rem (244) built by the wizards at Quantico. McMillan Baker stock, Accuracy Int'l fluted stainless 1-8" barrel, 28" long, and a zillion other mods. 400 mollied rounds or so - I'll check the barrel log for a concrete number if you're interested.

Cheers!

Redial
markriedl@yahoo.com

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Redial, sorry I'm not a southpaw but if I were I would give your rifle some serious thought. Many thanks for the reply.

Posts: 115 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RiverRat, your definition of long range and mine is the same. Several years ago I got interested in 1000 yard benchrest shooting and its a blast. My hope is to go west and shoot prairie dogs at extreme range. I know my 7mm/300 wby will reach them but I don't want to shoot this gun with the large powder charge and heavy bullets all that often and therefore my need for another gun. I have read from this site and others that the 6mm's with the 80 to 105 grain bullets will get me to the extreme range with less recoil and etc. Your suggestion of going with a fast twist barrel in 223 or 22-250 with 70 to 80 grain bullets is a good one that I will investigate. Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 115 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote