New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your 17 hmr
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've shot some pretty nifty groups with my .17hmr's. Most days tho...10 shots in a 1" to 1 1/4 is about average.
I have a cz, a rug m 77, and a savage mod 93r. They all shoot similar, or maybe thats the way I shoot them. Last year the burris bp on my cz took a crap in the middle of rat season. I carry the other .17s if I have guests, and I had all three with me on this trip. I don't really care for the savage, but it shoots. I shot this gun for the rest of my rat season, and other than a sore finger from loading clips. My rat season turned out great. That cheap shooter is alright! Sure, its ugly, and the action isnt as smooth, and its not very well balanced...That thing saved the day. I've become quite fond of this gun. That savage is worthy of good glass. Kudo's to the tasco 6-24 on that gun too. I think I paid about a hundred bucks for that scope years ago, and it has really had a workout. Its been on 3 different guns, and still works great. I don't mean to change the tone of this post. Most of you folks know what a work horse these savages are. Mine wasn't getting any use until this trip. Then I put a good 2000 rds thru it last year, and now its a prized posession.

Posts: 53 | Location: Bothell, Wa. | Registered: 03 December 2005Reply With Quote