Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NC Varmint Opportunities?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm located in North Eastern NC...can any of ya'll suggest some areas to try? Thanks.

Posts: 22 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not many groundhogs down your way due to the sandy soil, but there are alot of crows to be found. Some of the older farms in your area have large stands of pecan trees that really take a beating from crows. I would imagine that the owners would welcome any help in getting rid of the crows. If you don't mind driving, you will find good numbers of groundhogs in the Piedmont, around Raleigh, Louisburg, or Wilson. Look for patches of kudzu or large soybean or hay fields. Most farmers are glad to be rid of them and will grant permission to hunt them if asked.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought deer were "varmints" in Nc ?

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Hello Mr Smokin: I'm in Roanoke Rapids. If you can advise your location I maybe able to assist . I've hunted most northern tier counties from here to the coast for a long time. Coyotes are moving in here, ground hogs declining. Lots of varmints left all over. hehehe ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote