Find
Notify
Tools

New 223 WSSM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted
Kevin Weaver just finshed my new 223 wssn. He built it on a mod 70 action (from a scraped 25 wssm that only shot 3 moa on a good day) with a 26" 1-14 #2 fluted by Panor. We are still in the barrel breakin and load development stage. It just fired a 4 shot group with 40gr Nosler BTs over 46grs of Varget at 4406 fps into a sub .4 inch goup at 100yd.
We are going to work up the 52 TSX for whittail after we are satisfied with the coyote loads.
It should only shoot better as the barrel shoots in.
Dr B

posted Hide Post
Dr. B Is that a CRF or CRPF action, just wondered.

Posts: 25 | Location: Penrose Colorado | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what a CRPF is.
I bought one of the Model 70, Super Shadow, Blued in 25wssm.
Dr B

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
I just looked on the web and Winchester describes the gun as having "Controlled Round Push Feed"
Does any one know what this means?
Dr B

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr B,

It looks like it's a winner!

Posts: 620 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The extractors are different.

Posts: 25 | Location: Penrose Colorado | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dr b cograts on your newly re-barreled winchester,iv''e heard nothing but great things about Kevins smithing abilities, years back i bought a mountain eagle /limited edition 223 rifle. man thats one i can really crow about,best 5 shot group was 3/4 inch at 400 yrds ,shooting hornadys new at the time 50grain V-MAX in my reload, a good friend out shot me with same rifle and reload at 600yards sub 2.5 3 shot group, times like that you smile and congrat your friend,sorry 4 rambleing on enjoy your new toy and post pictures for us,regards to all wave jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote