New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Did You Hear My Screams?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

I know what you mean. Did some screaming myself yesterday. I shot this 5 shot group at 100 yds yesterday with factory hornady ammo out of my 222. I actually think I pulled number 4 then put number 5 in with the first three. Just hope my reloading skills are up to par so I can equal this group.

Posts: 136 | Location: PA | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

...the range is only 8 miles away!
How do you guys judge when or when not to shoot for your load testing? ...

Hey VG, I've been blessed to have a Range by just opening a window at a couple of different places I lived. Right now I also have to drive about an hour, so 8 miles would look pretty good to me.

It may not be the same where you are, but over here in the SE USA, we "normally" have a lull very close to sunrise and another lull close to sunset. I've always prefered the sunrise lull since I have the rest of the day to do case forming, general shooting and maybe even other Test Loads depending on what the wind does.

I agree it can be frustrating.

Do you think the wind is affecting your "position" from shot to shot the most, or do you think it is "drifting the bullet" the most? The reason I ask is (without looking at the Drift Tables), it just seems that your group widening about 1" in 10mph wind is a lot of drift.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote