Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cooper rifles
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys, this is my first post on your forum.
About six months ago i orderd a cooper varminter in .223, i was told at the time by the chap that imports coopers to the UK that it would take about six months, so its due any time now, however i have heard from a friend that cooper have stopped exporting rifles, does anyone have any information to back up this claim ?. I have alsao been told that someone else has filled the needs for export and they are just down the road from the cooper factory, hope this is the case cos i am sure looking foreward to recieving this rifle.

Work is the curse of the shooting man.

Posts: 23 | Location: UK | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What better way than to ask them directly.

cooper@bigsky.net

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I live in Montana and have a number of Coopers. Having been to the place a fair number of times and having become friends with Rob Behr the customer relations guy (great fellow) I called him for you. According to him they are still exporting so I sure wouldn't worry about it yet. Also not to rain on your parade but Coopers are in such high demand they do seem to usually take longer to be produced than the gun salesman tells the customer when trying to sell the firearm.
Great rifles, you'll love it.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, i have tried to email cooper twice but not got a reply. I have just spoken to our man in the UK who imports coopers and he assures me that he has found someone else to export firearms but they are waiting for an export licence so it might not be too long "hopefully", he has confirmed that my .223 with 1-9" twist is on this shipment.

Work is the curse of the shooting man.

Posts: 23 | Location: UK | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Welcometo the forums, good to have you aboard.

You will love your Cooper once you recieve it. Be patient, and optimistic!

See my Cooper and a former post here:

Dave's .243 AI

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote