Notify
Tools

Golden day at the range for .243 AI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted
[IMG:left][/IMG]

Shot my best ever group with the .243 AI Cooper today. Using 80 grain Bergers and V V 550 at 41 grains Federal 210 Match and R-P brass preped for accuracy and consistency, loaded .005 into the lands. 5 rounds went into .227 and 4 of those were .107 Not to shabby for a botique manufacturer. I really need another Cooper to quell the fever. Total of nine rounds went to .400 and I had very little vertical with this load. Going to explore it in depth next go round.

cheers

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
That's some awesome groups.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Pics added

[IMG][/IMG]

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
If the crosshairs on on, you won't miss!

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great shooting !!!!! she''s one pretty rifle thats a fact,thanks 4 posting thumb jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same projectile over H 4350 is the most accurate in my .243 AI too . My best is 5 into 0.327 off a bipod over the trunk of my car .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
Damn nice rifle, damn nice groups! My best group to date is 5 shots into 0.093" from my Cooper M21 in .222 Rem. IMHO, that kind of accuracy wholly justifies the price tag!

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote