New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am having a 22-250 built. I ordered a 28 inck heavy Krieger barrel for the build. I bought a 700 Remington(with the HS Precision Varmint Stock) for the build. I was planning on using the Left Handed HS stock for the build. The smith I was using measured the barrel and said it would fit in the stock. Now it turns out the barrel is too large for the stock. So I need a new stock(this is not the fault of the curent smith doing the work). Does any one have any recommendations on a stock I could use for a LH Short action 700 Remington action with a heavy Krieger barrel?? I would really like to find a thumbhole stock?? Thanks, Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I recommend a Boyd's.. but that is laminate...

are you looking for laminate or synthetic??

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Boyd's web site. They did not list any LH stocks. I will have to look again. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oopswasthatyourdog?
posted Hide Post
Check out http://www.wildcatcomposites.com/

Call them and discuss your needs. Their customer service is great and down to earth.

Read the opinions and background sections and you will have a good idea of the type of people you will be dealing with.

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
- John Diefenbaker (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.)

Posts: 104 | Location: St-Athanase, Quebec, Canada | Registered: 16 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there a reason that your smith cannot just simply open up your barrel channel to fit?

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I have some Enron Stock I'll sell cheap...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We ordered a new stock today from Manners Stock company. It is an ambi. thumbhole style stock. the model ia a GAT. I hope it works out. If anybody is interestd in the old Remingotn stock the gunsmith is going to keep it. His name is RHYS, his shop is in Wyoming. You can find his information on the VHA web site. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA