New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Blitzkings vs V-Max
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I too ended up with a very picky .22=250 remington 700 VLS back in the summer straight from the factory. I had some trigger work done on it, but thats about it. I also have a Leupold Vx 2 on it 6x18. I am currently using Winchester brass, flashole deburred and uniformed, cases all trimmed to length. I am using CCI BR primers, IMR 4895, and 55 gr. Sierra blitzkings seated about .02 from the lands. It has actually turned out to be a tackdriver. I have put nearly every load possible through this thing with H380, IMR 4064, IMR 3031, Win 760, nosler BT (50 and 55 gr), v-max (40 gr), Sierra 52 gr HP's, 52 gr Sierra MK, and sierra 50gr blitz bullets. This has been the most consistent shooting load out there. I had the 40 gr. V-max runnin at 4031 FPS and it shot reasonably well (1" @ 100 yds). It was borderline hot though, some sticky bolts. It would do a number on a crow though. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Ruck

Posts: 203 | Location: Southwestern, va | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruck, Where you been? Off out in E&H land I reckon! When you get home again, give me a call! I'll help you out with the 22-250!! It was not picky from the factory!!! It is against the law for a 22-250 to be picky!!!! They'll shoot anything!!! Just happen to prefer 40 grains of Win 760 and 52 grain (take your pick of manufacturers since Speer quit making GOLD MATCH 26 years ago!!!!) DEVASTATION on varmints!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am looking for people who have used booth bullets in 50gr. My question is did they boot shoot about the same? My reason for asking is I am working on a load for my 22-250 but only had 20 V-Max and think I'm on to a good load but the tinker in me wants to try sierra Blitzkings. If the blitz shoot as well or better I will be happy. I figure they are booth built about the same so it should be close. So far my Rem 700 VLS has not been to picky. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Posts: 132 | Location: western New York | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boss,

My opinion of both bullets is that they are both excellent. The terminal performance on PDs seems to be a shade more devastating with the Blitzking but both still kill them equally as dead. I think that the Blitzking may be a a little more accurate but I may also have a little memory bias. I can't say much bad about either but the Sierras cost more and you can't get them in 250 ct bulks, only 500 or 100. HTH

Posts: 61 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot both and the BKs seemed to be tad more accurate and consistent in my rifles. Terminal performace seemed to be about equal for both.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it seemed like everything i shot in my .22-250 would consistently shoot about 1" groups at 100, a few loads turned in slightly better, but nothing impressive until i tried the above. I have since shot groups with it measuring .350" (3 shots). It also likes win 760 pretty good, but it doesn't shoot as good as the 4895 IMO.

GHD- been busy working on all this school work...went scouting for a few places to groundhog hunt this spring on saturday up towards Callaway and Ferrum. Found some pretty good looking spots, but haven't had a chance to walk the fields to look for holes. When they start showing their little heads...i'll be ready I've also seen a few hotspots up towards floyd. I saw 3 running around in a field the other day on my way home....It just needs to warm up a tad bit more and i think they'll be crawlin everywhere.
Take it easy
ruck

Posts: 203 | Location: Southwestern, va | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
You guys need to look into this deal. Midway has a bullet pack that has five different brands of 50 or 55 grn bullets in it for the people that like to tinker. I used this package to see what my .223 liked the best. Found the best bullet for the load and now I can buy bulk for it. Sure is nice. Link attached.
Midway Bullet Pack

Mike

Posts: 311 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 17 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I�ve been considering purchasing that variety pack but can�t decide if only 5 rounds of each bullet would give you a good comparison or not. It�s highly possible that some of the bullets would shoot better with a slightly varied OCL or powder charge then what the initially test cartridge is loaded for. I think to give them all a fair chance; I would need to work up a minimum of eight strings of three shot groups for each of the bullets.

Obviously I could purchasing the variety packs five times for a total cost of $50.00 or I could also purchase 100 rounds of each of the five bullets within the pack separately for about the same $50.00.

Well McClura, to date I have not yet decided to do either but the suspense is still killing me, which one of the bullets within the variety pack shoots best in your rifle?

Posts: 5 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 04 June 2003Reply With Quote