One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted
BSA® Predator Scopes what do ya'll think about
them ? Found one fer $65.00

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never seen one I thought was worth the money asked for it.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had one of the sweet 17's it lasted about 9 months and fell apart - to much recoil from that 17 HMR I guess. they sent me a new one, but I peddled it

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of BSA Contenders in 8-32X50 & atleast one in 6-24x50. I carried one of the 8-32x50's out west to shoot prairie dogs on my 22-250. I was very impressed how well it kept its zero. It was dead on when I arrived. Between friends & relatives I have dealt with 20 or 30 different BSA's. I have never had any trouble from the companies customer service. I have only had to deal with them twice in 7 or 8 years. The last time we had a 6-24X50 that we could not make elevation adjustments with. We boxed it up & sent it back for repair, we received a brand new 8-32X50 from them in return. I must admit that I have never used the Predator model. I have looked at the rimfire scopes & the do not appear to be a bargain. Their quality does not match the contender series. All this being said, I do not pass up an oppertunity to replace one of my BSA'a with a Burris or Leupold.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought one 8 x 32 - 40 mm for about $70 that I used for load development on several rifles. It is not the clearest and with any power setting over about 22x it is difficult....no impossible to focus. Otherwise it has served its purpose with no trouble. I have used it on occasion to take shooting prairie dogs for back up or on an extra rifle...again it works.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote