New
Find
Notify
Tools

14 caliber stuff
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Pac-Nor has 14-221 Walker barrels threaded prefit for the Savage.

Satern Machining in Iowa now has 14 caliber powder funnels made from 14-221 Walker engineering drawings and two dummy cases.

Hornady has made case forming, trim, and reloading 14-221 Walker dies from engineering drawings that are the same as the reamer used by Pac-Nor for their 14-221 Walker chambered Savage prefit barrels.

Genco in North Carolina has 14 caliber hollow point bullets ranging from 10 to 17 grains -- 15 grains being the most common. No bonded partitions yet.

There are now Dewey cleaning rods with brushes and jags.

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
What kind's of ballistics could you get with this...all I have is a Savage in 7RM, maybe a 14-7mmRm? Sounds like a laser...

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reeds Ammo is supposed to be building 14-221 Walker loaded ammo. They carry funnels, bullets, rods, jags and brushes. They are a borad sponser on Saubier. I keep forgetting to email you that data Hammer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
Pac-Nor has 14-221 Walker barrels threaded prefit for the Savage.

Satern Machining in Iowa now has 14 caliber powder funnels made from 14-221 Walker engineering drawings and two dummy cases.

Hornady has made case forming, trim, and reloading 14-221 Walker dies from engineering drawings that are the same as the reamer used by Pac-Nor for their 14-221 Walker chambered Savage prefit barrels.

Genco in North Carolina has 14 caliber hollow point bullets ranging from 10 to 17 grains -- 15 grains being the most common. No bonded partitions yet.

There are now Dewey cleaning rods with brushes and jags.

Hi,
Has Russ Lucas stoped making 14 cal bullets and stuff?
I wish 14 cal stuff was easy to get here in Australia. Maybe I am missing the point. Maybe chasing the stuff is half the fun.
Regards
hjl

Posts: 47 | Location: Qld. Australia | Registered: 29 September 2006Reply With Quote