THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Home made shooting bench (booger board).

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home made shooting bench (booger board).
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted
I found plans for this portable shooting bench on line. For some reason It is impossable to find today.
I used some recycled OSB scrap I was given buy a builder when there were jobs building things.

The sheet started out and a 4'x 4' hunk that had a corner cut off.

The wide top end is 36" wide.

The narrow lower end is 15" wide.

The wide end narrows 20" from the top.

Two layers made up the front leg mounting area. It allows the front legs to fold flat on top of the rear legs. It also stopped the OSB from bowing.

The back legs have a single layer to stop the bowing of the top at the rear and allows the legs to fold under the front legs.
Hand Hold slots are cut just before the narrow spot starts.

It really is the balance point but you can change that by mounting thre legs a bit forward of where I mounted them.

I bought the legs from Lowe's but I have seen them at Home Depot and ACO hardware stores.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Here is what it looks like.

The rest is home made and started out as a PROTO TYPE but worked so well never did make it with any thing else like I had planed.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Made one just like that only used 3/4" plywood.

Posts: 45 | Location: W.N.Y. | Registered: 17 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I ordered a set of folding sawhorse legs yesterday. It'll be 3 weeks or so before they arrive so this will be a late June project.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote