THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Another yote from out the window

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another yote from out the window
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got another one this morning at 0830 hrs from the upstairs window of my wifes "craft room"
148 yds with a 35 gr berger, about 5 death spins and piled up 25 ft away.
I've got at least 6 (now 5) yotes out here that have been creating havoc for me this past week. They've been trying to get my two dogs and two cats and were almost successful in getting one cat (came in bleeding and missing some fur) and one dog. The dogs go crazy barking at them, and the yotes stay just inside the tree line barking back trying to entice my dogs to come in.
Had all six show up yesterday (saw them from off my deck). By the time I got the 204 ready on the deck they made a bee line for the tree line and disappeared. I went back in and got a screaming jack rabbit call and gave a couple of squeals off of the deck. Lo and behold they started running back. The first one hung up at 295 yds. Shot and missed. Forgot to take the wind into account. It was about a 35 mph crosswind which would have given me about a 30" drift. Totally missed. Should have used the 270 win

Savage Vaporizer

Posts: 93 | Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Nicely done!

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pelt. I wish our South Texas yotes furred-up like that.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Well done, keep up the good work.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
Beautiful pelt. I wish our South Texas yotes furred-up like that.

Tey would fur up like that if you would get 24" of snow and -10 F rotflmo
Just sold mine with some fox and badger.. only had 24 #1 pales.....

faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more rifles