THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Decent Portable lightweight Target stand?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decent Portable lightweight Target stand?
 Login/Join

<Mike Anderson>
posted
Does anybody make a decent target stand that is lightweight but sturdy? Something to throw in the bag for the P.dog trip here in a few weeks.

Hopefully I will not need it, but its good to be prepared.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I've been using the MTM "jammit" stand for years. Very light, but does not take 35 cal bullets well [Wink] . Or 223 cal, for that matter. Works fine if you don't shoot it, though! HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The patented 1894 Bubba stand.

Take a scrap length of squarish timber in the region of 2"x4" or smaller. Start up the craftsmens friend (chainsaw) cut 2 times 8" pieces off. In the centre of each piece make a cross cut to half depth.

Voila 1894's bubba stand. Stick cardboard in the 2 pieces of wood which act as feet.

Alternatively use the cardboard box that beer comes in (having drunk the beer first)

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Liberate a "for sale" sign on a house that you don't particularly want to change hands. [Big Grin]

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I "liberate" several political signs and use them to staple my target to. That is the "H" shaped heavy wire ones or the ones that look like large croquet wickets.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple pieces of scrap lumber should do the trick,and if you have a lot of scrap lumber you can set targets at differant distences for more fun.

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to the local junkyard, and pick up several pieces of 1" electrical conduit, and several "spikes" that will fit into the conduit (i use rebar). Go out to the local Dollar-type store and grab a bag or 2 of cable ties (also called zip straps). Cut the conduit into any length desired, and attach cardboard targets to a pair of conduits with the cable ties along the edges of the cardboard. The spikes go into the ground, and the conduit fits "snugly" over them. This is as light and portable as anything i've ever seen, and i've got 8 of these targets that i set out from 300 to 1000 yds. in all sizes up to 6'X 6' (for 900 and 1000). In fact, these targets will soon be detailed in an upcoming Varmint Hunter mag. article, entitled, "Portable Range Design for LR Testing".

[ 04-20-2003, 09:48: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We use 1/4 rod bent square with a rod welded across the bottom to make a rectangle 8 3/4x11 3/4 with rod sticking down off the bottom 6" to stick in the ground we take 5 of the black paper clamps 1 on top 2 on each side to use with targets printed off the free target site on the web light weight set low so you are shooting into the ground

one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Diddo on the for sale sign thick cardboard to staple targets to