THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Big mid western or western coyote hunt?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big mid western or western coyote hunt?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cold
posted
Anyone know of a big year annual coyote hunt in the mid west or south/south west, if so please shoot me an email, thanks!

info@35ranch.com

Posts: 221 | Location: SEC | Registered: 15 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cold: I have two friends that compete as a team, each year in a month long (February usually) Coyote Hunt out of Miles City, Montana.
They came in second place a couple years back and had harvested 96 Coyotes between the two of them for the month. They had actually killed more Coyotes than the team that came in first but a rule of the contest gave 1.5 points per female Coyote and only 1 point for male Coyote. The first place team had killed fewer Coyotes but had more females in their total kill count than my friends thus they won the first place prize money and my friends won the second place cash prize.
Other than that one I have not heard of any other contests in my area.
Miles City, Montana is about 400 miles from my home in SW Montana.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
They have a 48 hr coyote hunt in Gillette, Wyoming every year in december.

Posts: 11 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
The Varmint Hunters Association
2005 Predator Calling Contest
December 9 & 10

Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All times are listed as Central Standard Time.
December 9 at 7:30 p.m., rules meeting and calcutta.
December 10 at 7:30 a.m. contest begins; 7:30 p.m. is check-in.
Participants do NOT have to be V.H.A. members.
$40 per two-man team.
Optional Jackpot buy-in
All South Dakota Game Fish & Parks rules and regulations apply.
Participants may hunt anywhere in South Dakota.
Rules meeting & weigh-in location: V.H.A. Headquarters/Range • 28050 US Hwy. 14/34 • Fort Pierre, SD 57532
There will be a chili feed after the weigh-in.
Door Prizes and Awards to follow.
No artificial lights may be used.
Only one member needs to be present at the rules meeting.
Each team must hunt together and both members must be present at weigh-in.
No dogs may be used for chasing/catching or decoying animals.
ATVs may be used for transport to and from stands. They may not be used for chasing. Only one ATV per team.
No shotguns; only rifles or handguns.
No trapped, snared or other methods of catching animals - calling only. These methods will be monitored.
All coyotes will have temperature taken at check-in.
Ties will be broken by total weight.
Each animal must have blocks inserted between the jaws with time taken - no exceptions.
Each team will be given ten blocks with the team number indicated on each block.
If a team runs out of blocks, call Jeff or one of the V.H.A. staff members. Tape mouth shut and write down the time the game was taken.
Each team must check-in, even if they do not have any game that was taken.
Participants may keep game or donate them to V.H.A. V.H.A. will sell them and donate the money to a local youth shooting club or 4-H club. Please do not dump them. We will take care of mangy or unwanted animals.
All unused blocks must be returned - no exceptions.
Rules are subject to change without further notification from V.H.A.

2004 Results and Sponsors
2003 Results and Sponsors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact V.H.A. for updated information
Varmint Hunters • PO Box 759 • Pierre, SD 57501
Phone: 605.224.6665 • Fax: 605.224.6544
Email: info@varminthunter.org

http://www.varminthunter.org/

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They have a 48 hr coyote hunt in Gillette, Wyoming every year in december.

With trucks or what?

Big-un

Posts: 81 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The hunt begins at 9:30 pm dec 2nd and runs through
dec 4th. Two man teams within 100 mile radius of Gillette. If you want more info let me know & I can send the rules.

Posts: 11 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.predatormasters.com has a annual hunt in the south west and the midwest .Check out the site for more info. Hope this helps