Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: new .204 cooper
 Login/Join

posted
maybe I should have explained That these seals, sealion, and sea otters are not protected, When they destroy the salomon nets in the river!!!! I have complete permission from the dept of fisheries, and humting permits for the seals, sealions and seaotters. And as for the dogs 99% of them have rabies and are a threat to anyone trying to dump garbage up there.

Posts: 7 | Location: KIRKLAND WA | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
buck88-- In answer to your question:

Quote:

I am wondering what is wrong with the 17cal cleaning rod?

It will work fine in your .204, but remember it is NOT as large in diameter as a .19 or .20 caliber rod and it will not take as much pressure to put a permanent bend in it!! I found out the hard way!!!! It will be more likely to bow and touch the inside of your barrel than the stiffer .19 or .20 caliber rods.

I have both .17 and .19 caliber rods and if I couldn't find a .19 caliber rod, then, by all means, I would use the .17 caliber rod for cleaning until I could get the .19 or .20 caliber rod. I wouldn not, however, keep using the .17 caliber rod forever, but I'd keep looking for a .19 or .20 caliber rod and purchase one of those.

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote