THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Sierra's 85 grain HP in 6.5 mm... discontinued?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra's 85 grain HP in 6.5 mm... discontinued?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have noticed a couple of the on line shops have stopped carrying the 85 grain HP bullet from Sierra.. Midway had it listed as out, and NO Back orders...Graf's doesn't list it any more...

Another one I don't see on 6.5 listings is the 160 Grain SMP Sierra...

I sure hope Sierra isn't dropping those two bullets...

I like the 85 grain HP in my 260 and the 160 grain RN in my 6.5 x 55, military Mauser...

I hate it when accountants come up with.. "We aren't selling enough of these, so we need to quit making them...."

Accountants and Lawyers, two professions we have way to many of in this country...

Lawyers are sue happy, ambulance chasers and accountants are always trying to turn a dime into a dollar...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seafire, Widener's shows 15 boxes in stock. I hope they don't quit them, I like them in my Swede.

One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
Seafire:

PM me your address and I'll send you a partial box of the 85gr Sierra's I have here.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 840 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called Sierra today and talked to Paul Box there... Both of these bullets are not planned to be discontinued by Sierra, as they sell well enough for them...

however, they admitted that they are not big movers for some of the Mail Order Suppliers such as Midway, Mid South etc...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
On New Year's Day, we went to Cabela's in Buda, TX, and the 85 grain Sierra HPs were marked down to 7.99 per box. I happened upon the very last of 'em...

There were LOTS of boxes of Nosler Partitions starting with .270/150s on up (in caliber/weight), and these were 10.99 per box. Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone in the area may be interested. BTW, these were on a display near the far edge of the hunting section. This is away from the normal area for bullets, and no one seemed to be paying any attention to them.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9364 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of 22win
posted Hide Post
Seafire, I hope your right about the 160's. I love them in my Swedes. I can't find any locally in Northcentral PA. I have a 2007 Sierra bullet poster and the 160 6.5 is not pictured. The 85gr is still shown along with the new 123 gr, etc. Do you use the 160 gr Hornadys. I haven't found any 160s lately around here. I found 8 boxes of 85 gr HPs (older box) at a gun shop along with some boxes of 100s and 120s, 13 boxes in all I got for 100.00. My boys use the 85s for practice loads in their 260 Rems.

Posts: 48 | Location: Northcentral PA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
<slancey>
posted
That would be a shame.
Those things work well in 264 Win Mag.