Find
Notify
Tools

Coyote down
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I went out early this morning on a friend's ranch and set up on one of my favorite places. I put my FoxPro at the bottom of a dry wash in a clump of sagebrush and set up on a side hill about 70 yards away over looking the usual approach area. I was sitting behind a big sagebrush clump with my Savage 22.250 using a set of Stoney Point shooting sticks to elevate me over the brush.

I started the jack rabbit distress call and after about 10 minutes saw a nice coyote come over the ridge across the valley. He worked down the side hill and stopped about 75 yards above my caller for an easy 150 yard shot.

The nice thing about the heavy barreled 22.250 with the 50 grain Varmint Grenades is that I can see the impact and he was dead right there.

It was a nice 25 lbs. male with a heavy, thick winter coat, one of the cleanest coyotes that I've taken since I left the snow country.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is always nice when things come together.

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Just saw his on CPC. Smiler

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Nice healthy coyote, well done Sir.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It looks like it will make very nice pelt! It also looks like a 35 pounder in the picture. You gotta love those 22-250's for reaching out and touching song dogs.

Posts: 2 | Location: Blue Eye | Registered: 20 January 2014Reply With Quote