THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Just bought a electronic predator caller

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just bought a electronic predator caller
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted
I have had good luck calling in many coyote and one bobcat when I lived in CA and AZ. I have lived in Maine for three years now. I have a lot of BIG coyote up here. I decided to give calling them a shot, for something to do in the winter besides ice fish, and to help out our deer. I just went out and bought a Phantom wireless caller. The thing seems like it might do some dammage.

I will report on progress.

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Uglystick,

Can you tell a bit more about the Phantom wireless and why you bought it instead of other brands? Curious because I'm in the market.

Looking forward to reading about your results with your caller.

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i hunt cyotes all the time and afew years ago i switched to a digital caller i have a johney stuart prey master and have called every thing from owles to hogs and everything in between and cyotes of course i am curious about your phantom caller could you describe it to me and tell me what sounds it comes with and of course your sucess rate please excuse my spelling it is early

"Speed is the key."

One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
I've been using the FoxPro FX3 since it was released & have been very pleased, it's brought several Bobcats, Crows, Coyotes, Racoons & Foxes to there last hunt.

I just got a call from a friend of mine last night that brought my caller to Maryland with him on a deer hunt & said he saw a fox way across the field, cranked up the FoxPro & he came running. One more fox to the count. dancing

I look to upgrade to the FX5 after the season.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to hear about your experiences with the Phantom and Johnny Stewart Preymaster.

The Foxpro sounds like it is very good but what does it do that the Phantom and Preymaster can't do for less money?

Posts: 31 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 01 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
quote:
dmullen

dmullen, I checked them all out and the Bandit was nice the only oe that came close to the FoxPro. I think for serious hunting you need good gear that you can count on, I hunt FL, GA, TX & will be going to Canada next Winter all hunting predators, when I get there I need to know my machine is going to work & work the hole hunt. Not to mention FoxPro customer service is 2nd to none.

If you get the chance try a few different ones out & I think you will see what I'm talking about.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a FX-3 and a LightForce light and some odds and ends on Monday from All Predator Calls dot com. Guy on the phone says, it will not go out until Wed due to volume of orders. I understand, tell him I wanted to hunt it this weekend. He apologizes up and down, but it is the best he can do. Ok waited a year, I can wait another week. Son called me at work on Thur and says it is all there. Those guy are #1 in customer service. They put a rush on it Monday and beat the storm in Colo. I spent over 1 hour on the phone with the rep ironing out the sound selection and getting them in a sensible order so that going from one into another would be easy. I do not have enough goods things to say about them.

I looked at them all hunted over a few. I saved for a while longer and got the FX3. I am real happy I did. Later this evening before dinner I am going to try to bloody that sucker.