New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Dog Gone Good Bag!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just used a new product from Dog Gone Good Bags out in Oregon! It is a bag for use under the rear of your Rifles buttstock. The bag is a wedge shaped relatively large unit. It is lightweight though as they can fill their bags with different weight mediums.
Anyway this bag is 10 1/4" X 6 1/2" X 4 1/4" and then its wedge shaped taper goes down to about 1 1/2" at the rear (from the 4 1/4" height at the front). The bag has a leather suede bottom and the other sides are all cordura. It has a carrying handle.
My recent use of this bag was a very pleasing experience. The bag allows for quick alignment and adjustment from target to target in a wide fan shaped area in front of the shooter. The wedge shape allows for a very stable 10 1/4" (up to 10 1/4") area of support for the Rifles butt stock. The bag also performed well at the range and I give it a definite thumbs up for both use and quality construction. The bag was priced at $25.00 (if my memory is correct) and I think its well worth it.
The owner of the company advertises in Varmint Hunter Magazine and some shops carry his gear. Kesselrings Gunshop in Burlington, Washington is one I know of. I ran into the owner and his display again at a Gunshow out in Portland, Oregon 3 weeks ago. I have 4 other of his top quality and innovative Varminting and shooting bags also.
His window mounted style "V" or "W" shaped bags are also a must for Varminting on the high plains and elsewhere. My taxidermist last year saw this bag in my truck and would not - I mean WOULD NOT let me leave without selling him this neat window bag! He is a big time Varminter and instantly recognized the usefullness and quality of that bag! I gave it to him and bought another for myself. I am guessing that the Dog Gone Good Company has a web site and I will search for one here shortly. The owner is an accomplished Varminter and knows what is needed for todays Varminting and shooting!
Anyway another good tool for sure in my opinion for the all around Varminter.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw them just the other day on their website. Have you used the one for the frontrest(instead of bipods)? The website says it will hold the rifle pretty tightly, and also reduce recoil on the big boys. I was considering getting one, but the $65 made me think twice. Maybe I'll have to reconsider. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jethrow, If it will hold better than an UNCLE BUD'S Bulls Bag it will be darn good! Have you tried them yet? They also make a model called the "UDDER BAG" which is lighter and has a metal frame that folds down and clamps the rifle when you place it in the bag! Won't mar a truck hood either!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote