New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sout Dakota prarrie dogs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know if the prarrie dogs are still out in oct in South Dakota? I am going on a antelope hunt Oct 2 in spearfish and I didn't know whether or not to take the 22-250. Thanks!

Posts: 92 | Location: Church Hill,Tn | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the weather is warm take the 22-250. In fact take it anyway. They are usually still out that time of year. Good luck

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah take a varmint rifle with you. Two years ago we got caught in the worst blizzard Wyoming had seen in September in a heck of a long time.
We were stranded in Rawlins, WY for two days, as Interstate 80 was closed. As soon as the snow melted off, the prairie dogs were out.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
<centerpunch>
posted
IF you stay OFF government land, you can do pd's in SD just about all year. Spring is hard on younguns, but Oct ?� great, but if the ground is wet, be sure to travel in pairs, cause you WILL get stuck in our gumbo. Generally, ask and you shall receive� Weeuns out here shoot 'em regularly thru January.

[ 09-01-2002, 09:31: Message edited by: centerpunch ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info guys.I've been working overtime on the reloading press!!

Posts: 92 | Location: Church Hill,Tn | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote