New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Savage 12BVSS reviews?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I finally got to shoot my new 12BVSS today. I only had some quick thrown together loads of 69grn SMK and Varget. I got a 10 shot group about .7" with more horizontal stringing which I think was due to my needing to adjust the scope as my cheekweld wasn't the best. I rushed to mount the scope as well as the ammo I'm going to adjust the scope and get some better loads and see what it will do next time. Over all though I liked the rifle and the new AccuTrigger.

Posts: 45 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Savage the ugly rifle? Maybe not. I just left the Savage website and noticed they've made some changes
for the coming year. That ugly blunt edged stock is no more. It's been trimmed into a very shapely
contour on the model 12BVSS. I have a new Remington VLS and find it quite similar to the new Savage
stock. Way to go Savage! Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok How about a laminated stock that is not so heavy- not as heavy as the 12BVSS? Is there an option for that in a varmint heavy barrel? I like the looks of the one on their catalog on the 12 SERIES varmint page, the top one pictured on that page. Anyone know what model that is? It looks less clunky. Plus I think I may want a lighter rifle. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 50 | Location: Katy, Texas | Registered: 07 December 2002Reply With Quote