THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Happy GroundHog day everyone ...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy GroundHog day everyone ...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DEATH to all GROUNDHOGS!!!!!!!

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GROUNDHOG DAY will be celebrated here with the annual "Groundhog Day Shoot" attended by some select few participants who genuinely delight in shooting groundhogs!!! Although only 1 live groundhog has ever shown up on that day(2003...bad choice for the groundhog!) it is a celebration of informal shooting and tale telling and showing off new varmint rifles aquired since the last gathering and celebrating the end of winter is coming!!! A good time will be had by all! In years past it has been held with 15" of snow, 10 degrees with 30 mph winds, 6 degrees with no snow and no wind and hopefully tomorrow will see temps in the 20's and the sleet and freezing rain is supposed to hold off until late day tomorrow! I may have pics but will need someone to post them as I can work on and shoot rifles but am semi-computer illiterate!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Shooter973
posted Hide Post
Just what caliber rifle should be used on Pox. Phil for for casting 6 more weeks of winter? I was thinking 243 Win out of a Ruger M77 tang safety, Heavy barrel.

Posts: 347 | Location: Ogden, Utah (Home of John M. Browning) | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've always thought it would be great fun to wait till the dork with the top hat holds em up than run one right between Phil's runnin lights! I'm not sure however if that would fall under the politically correct column, whata you guy's think?

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Up here it's slightly different. We have Wiarton Willy instead of Punxatawney Phil. Supposedly it he
comes out and sees his shadow it means we get six more weeks of lousy hockey. Ah hockey, it's not
really a game, it's a national disease. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Something like my 13 year old M77V sitting in one of my gun cabiinets??

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I heard that Janet Jackson came out and saw her shadow......
.....six more weeks of apologies.....

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
... saw her shadow ... Oh man, my family is gonna wonder why I am sitting in front of a computer screen and laughing so hard.

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote