Notify
Tools

6MM REM AI Stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Firstly merry Christmas to all reading!
Seafire et al who helped me make the choice for the 6mm earlier in the year:
Barrel is finally in the country and the action work etc will be done in the new year.
Am now considering stocks.
Thought ,aybe a Mcmillan Lazzeroni thumbhole or a HS Varmint, or a laminate custom job.
Action is Sako L691 Long action, Barrel custon straight taper Krieger to about 079 at muzzle.
Will be a working/walking rifle.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for the help so far, when the projects finally finished and paid for (late 07 sometime)
I will post photos and hopefully groups.

Thanks

Z

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Z me old mate...

Can't be much 'elp really, but have you taken a look at the photo of the 416 Taylor in the reloding pages...lt shows a HS stock on an L691 action, not bad for a blind chap on a dark night.
BTW...it's a shit stuck 'ere on shift, n't moons too high for lampin'

ATB.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ta very much, I will take a look at it. Will be some way in the future in any case. It will all be worth it in the end....

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of girlfriday
posted Hide Post
beer Appy New Year big fella. Look who is on the forums. wave

Posts: 40 | Location: English Lake District | Registered: 30 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appy new year to you too. Bet it isn't raining as hard there as it is here. I'm waiting for an old bloke to start building a boat on a hill....
BTW I knew it was you from the username on the horse forum before I even opened this post.
See yawl soon

Da big fella