THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Gophers be afraid - be very afraid!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gophers be afraid - be very afraid!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted
I shot this group this afternoon. You'll have to take my word that there are 6 holes.

Rifle - Browning 1885 Lo-Wall
Calibre - 22 Hornet
Ammo - Hornady 35 gr Vmax factory
Range - 100 yards

I am well pleased!

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wooly ESS

I've always loved the Browning Lo-Walls. Just about picked one up same as yours a coulpe of years ago. Wanted to mount a Unertl on mine.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wooly, man now that is some fine shooting. I have to agree with you about the PD's being very afraid. What power and brand of scope are you using.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Wooly, Don't you just love the Hornet? Especially the 35gr Factory's. Nice shooting, now go out there and kill something!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
The scope is a Burris 2x-7x Mini. The 1885 is particular about what scope you put on it due to the external hammer. With the wrong size bell on the eyepiece you can't get your thumb in to lower the hammer.

Talk about the challenge of marrying old and new technology!

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote