New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coyote Calling - Video Review
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wow! Is the best and shortest description I can think of to describe Randy Andersons new 4 hour long video set called Calling All Coyotes II.
I ordered the video last Friday January 2nd after seeing it advertised on the Outdoor Channel. The cost was $19.95 plus $5.00 for shipping. The tape arrived in 6 days! Via important mail status (priority mail - I think). My friend Brad and I viewed it for the first time yesterday. The two video set was just wonderfully filmed and edited. And I especially enjoyed the clarity of Mr. Andersons video taping equipment (camera?). The variety of areas Hunted (different terrains and different states) really enhanced my enjoyment of the videos!
The down home and real people qualities relayed in the video are also very much appreciated by me. "Real Guys Goin Coyote Huntin All Over Heck" could be another good name for this two video set! I won't spoil the entertaining surprises in the video for any of you here but I will say I greatly appreciated Mr. Andersons inclusion of various types of wildlife along with the Coyote Hunting and Coyote Calling. Mr. Anderson gives throughout the 4 hours of Hunting, tips on his calling styles and types. He also specifically names all the different brands and styles of calls that are shown actually bringing in the Varmints! Good for him and again I was just amazed at the quality of the picture (and sounds) relayed to my TV!
Mr. Anderson shows a variety of weapons used in Hunting the Coyotes from bows and arrows to muzzle loaders, shotguns, pistols and of course Rifles! Good for him.
Some info was given on the various arms used to harvest the large number of Varmints on the two video set and I would have liked to seen a tad more of this. I really had to dig deep to find this other minor suggestion that might have improved Mr. Andersons video - his recording equipment could have used a wind sock over the microphone! Lots of wind in Coyote country and the wind noise on the video at times somewhat detracted from my enjoyment of the film! Maybe that was Mr. Andersons intent - showing that Coyotes can be called in high winds? Other than those two VERY minor detractions I would rate this Coyote Hunting video on a scale of 1 to 100 (100 being highest possible score) a 98 out of 100!
I highly recommend the purchase of this very enjoyable, entertaining and educating video to anyone that likes or wants to learn more about Coyote Calling!
Over the years I have had opportunities to buy many hundreds of different Hunting videos. I have purchased about 20 of them! This video rates right at the top of any Hunting video I have ever seen!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How do I place an order, you got a number to call?

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to Randy for you: Randy Anderson Link

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote