New
Find
Notify
Tools

rangefinders
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there a binocular style rangefinder, rather than the single eye piece ones. And what kind of quality are they, also will I have to sell the wife to buy a one!!

many thanks
Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Leica builds one called the Geovid. A friend of mine just aquired one and he says it has the best optics of any binocular on the planet, and he builds rifle scopes so he ought to know!

They are a little pricy though as one might expect. Street price around $1800US.

So how much do you want for your wife and is she a good cook? [Big Grin]

-

[ 08-10-2002, 17:45: Message edited by: DMCI* ]

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
I just purchased the bushnell yardage pro 500 for $209.00 canadian. should ge able to buy the same for $10.00 u.s.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
<coyote control>
posted
griff,
I have a pair just like in the above picture and I am very, very happy with them. Excellent for earlier morning viewing and the range finder part will work when it's dark also. I have ranged on trees as far as 1100 yrds and on a metal building as far as 1300 yards.
It you get a pair of these be sure and get the "Bino strap" for them, lots easier on your neck.
The battery in mine has been going for 5 years now - not to shabby hu!
I have been seeing these coming down on price now, several places are selling them for around $1900, a bargin considering I paid $2600 for mine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi all
what kind of weight are these bino's they look quite substantial.

ps might swop the wife for a good dog and a geovid!!

griff

<coyote control>
posted
giff,
I think they are around 4 lb, but like I said on my above post, you will need the Bino Buddy strap system for these rascals. Then you will hardly notice that you are wearing them.
If you get a pair of them make sure that where you get them that they will have the full life time warranty. There are "gray" markets out there that sell a lot of camera and binoclurs without a warranty, so check this out good.
Griff I see that you are from Scotland, just to let you know, these Geovids are made in Portugal, might be able to get them there a whole lot cheaper than we can here.

[ 08-11-2002, 07:43: Message edited by: coyote control ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Here's my set-up for PD shooting.

I've had my Geovid's for two seasons.....and can't imagine being without them. A lifetime investment for sure.

Friend Of The 17
Kevin Gullette

P.S. Well.....my picture won't upload right now......sorry. I'll try again later.

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Finally.....Here's a pic of my set-up.

Kevin Gullette [IMG]http://24.124.39.10/uploads/22-250AI(fieldr).jpg [/IMG]

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Wayne:
I just purchased the bushnell yardage pro 500 for $209.00 canadian. should ge able to buy the same for $10.00 u.s.

Looks like it's time to take a Canadian vacation. With an exchange rate of 20-to-1, I can live like a king! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Griff, Newcon Optic makes a 7 X 50 binocular with their 1500yd rangefinder in it. You can pick it up for about $725.00 us. Check them out at the link. I have used their LRM 1500 (about $300.00)and so far am happy with it. Ken Newcon Optic

Posts: 45 | Location: Vista, CA USA | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't get the link to work on my computer, but here is there address. http://www.newcon-optic.com

Posts: 45 | Location: Vista, CA USA | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Third time is a charm. www.newcon-optik.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi DVC Master,
these look just the ticket! what kind of quality are the optics, seeing as they will be used firstly as bino's and secondly as range finders.

many thanks

Griff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi DVC
where can buy one of these for $725.00

Griff

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got some info and reviews on the bino rangefinders that migh be of help at

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/rangefinders.html

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi spectr17,
thanks for that!!
caused a bit of trouble with her indoors, when i told her i was buying some newcom optic rangefinders, but we shall overcome!!!

many thanks
Griff

one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 10-03-2002, 06:44: Message edited by: tsiero ]

Posts: 202 | Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA | Registered: 18 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Giff How much for your wife?

[ 10-03-2002, 06:43: Message edited by: tsiero ]

Posts: 202 | Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA | Registered: 18 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hello all,
as a fair exchange is no robbery!
heres the price for the wife:
1 Dakota action
1 geovid bino,s
1 nightforce scope
sorry guys just teasing....
anyone who can sew,dig worms,gut fish,gralloch deer,has a four wheel drive,and lets me shoot and fish whenever i want,PRICELESS.

many thanks
griff