New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phantom caller problems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've had a Phantom digital for over a year and have yet to call anything in with it. After trying it on one stand, we'll switch to an old Stewart cassette or mouth blown and have success. The tones on the Phantom seem flat. Does anyone one have one of these that works? I'm thinking about junking this and trying a FoxPro.

Posts: 101 | Location: Reedley California | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I have have a lot of contact with predator callers all over the country. All I can say is that in my experience, I don't know one person that has gotten the Phantom and kept it. I have used most of the callers our there and have settled on the FOXPRO.

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe that's why they named it the "Phantom"!!! "Phantoms" is hard to see you know!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
I must agree, I ahve had one for a little over a year and used it for more than 100 hours--

Not a single response. During the same set-ups we have then switched to mouth calls and had a few come in-- so its possible they responded but I usually get them in within 5-10 minutes or not at all.

In a few cases we have spotted dogs on ridges about 1/2 mile away and we have sounded the Phantom and watched them look in our direction but have little to no interest.

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've tried mine several times...........cows seem to like it. Think its destined for ebay.

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coyote Caller
posted Hide Post
Foxpro is the only way to go if ya want a digital caller. I had good luck with the old style and now have the new FX3 that is even better.

Posts: 56 | Location: Utah | Registered: 13 October 2005Reply With Quote