New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ground Squirrel Info Needed?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking forward to the time they come back up, does anyone have any information they can share about some good places in Northern California or Southern Oregon to hunt them. I've heard they're towns that special "squirrel days" to attract hunters.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check on Varmint Al's site. I think he lists the dates for Squirrel Days in Cedarville. It's sometime during the first part of March. I've never been so I don't know how you get set up in the fields. Might check if Cedarville Chamber of Commerce has a website also. I've been there in May when all the commotion died down and the fields had all be cut once. Squirrels everywhere. Shot my .223, .22LR (rifle and pistol), .22 Mag, .44, and a buddy's .223 Contender. It's a fun time but the farmers are starting to realize they can make money charging shooters so be prepared to pay trespass fees and to knock on alot of doors.

NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
<MNTNMAN>
posted
Go drive around and find some fields with large numbers of squirrels. Then find someone to ask permission. Most all will allow a few guys in, depending on if they have had bad experiences before. You can also call the swan lake hunt club just out of klamath falls, in swan lake valley.