New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Would like to replace my Savage trigger. Can some one tell me who makes the most popular after market unit? Thanks, Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Smoker I am told that Timney Triggers are good and they make them for Savage Model 10 thru 16 and Model 110 thru 116. The can be found at Midway USA reloading and are on sale for $50.00 right now. Iam getting ready to put one in my 110 25.06, they advertise 2 to 4 lbs pull. Maybe someone can add personal experience with these units. It is what my gun smith suggested. Good luck

Posts: 19 | Location: Kansas NE | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have a Sharpshooter Supply trigger on mine and couldn't be happier. Easy to install, almost idiot proof to adjust and set from 14 oz up to about 2.5 Lbs. About 80 bucks now from http://www.savageshooters.com/sharpshooters/

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Rifle Basix has drop in triggers for Savage as well. Midway and the usual gang carries them. Here is the link to some info: Rifle Basix Link

I just got my first Savage and am looking at both the Rifle Basix and Sharp Shooter Supply triggers.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sharp shooter trigger(new in pkg.) for $70 plus actual shipping($2-$3) I have installed several and they work fine. Trigger weight of over 3# is not attainable, so mainty for the target shooter. kskren@hickorytech.net

Posts: 42 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have installed both the Timney and the Sharpshooter. Installation is not difficult in either case but IMO the Sharpshooter is better.

Posts: 43 | Location: New England | Registered: 27 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bill22250
posted Hide Post
I have a Sharpshooter in my Savage 12. It's very nice.

Posts: 37 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input folks. Ken I sent you an e-mail. Phil

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote