THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Returned cz varmint laminate 22/250, I did not like Box mag set up.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Returned cz varmint laminate 22/250, I did not like Box mag set up.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My first cz dissapointment, box mag very difficult to load and it fed poorly due to so much action and so little bullet I feel.

I have decided that the floor plate, ie. 30/06's & .375's etc. cz's and there mini mausers are great but there .308 length rifles are not good due to trying to make do with a big action for .308 length rounds, the mag box is not great they would have been better just having a floor plate !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe it is 1 in 14 and that since 60 gr is at the top end of it's stabilizing ability you will need to try them in your individual gun. Mine shoots the 55s, but i havn't tried the 60s, good luck.
Ricky

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree it's a 1:14, and mine will stabilize (and groups quite well) the Sierra and Hornady 60 gr hp's. I have not tried the Vmax or Nos BT's.
It will likely be on edge of stabilization, only way to know is to try.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's nest just to stick to 55 gr or 50 gr bullets.

I am thinking Nosler BT's at this point.

Rifle SHOULD be here today, then I will be just waiting for my scope which is getting re-finished at spradlins it was a silver 6.5-20x40 leupold.....it will now be matte black.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, Did the rifle come in today? I think you'll really like it. Mine shot 50gr v-max best and 50gr Barnes almost as good, the 50gr sierra was acceptable too. First thing I would check is to make sure your barrel is not contacting your stock, mine was bad enough the barrel was in a bind, but was easily fixed and shoots extreemly well. I put a 6-24 x44 Burris signature on mine and it is nice but if the idiot who sold it to me had known what he was talking about It would have had a leupold 6.5-20 X 50. He told me there were no rings available to mount a 30mm tube or 50 mm bell on that gun.
Lets hear how it shoots gunsmile
Ricky

Ricky

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ricky it's 10.30 am here and my gun dealer said the delivery truck could be any time up to 2.20pm Frowner I am waiting until then and then I will head to the gun store. I know it will be a better feeling 22/250 than my rem 700.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got 4 .22 centerfire rifles, and they all have 1 in 14" barrel twists. You need a 1 in 12" barrel twist to reliably shoot the 60gr. bullets accurately. I think only Savage and some Rugers come with a 1 in 12" twist. I could be in error here though. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks,

I took delivery today and returned the rifle an hour later, it fed terribly and the box mag was difficult to load.

I dont feel the 30/06 length action and box mag to make the 22/250 round work is a good thing.

I have not decided what to do yet have considered the stealth winchester in 22/250.

I wish the cz had of had a regular floor plate as it is one impressive looking rig thats for sure !!

This is my first dissapointment with CZ

one of us
posted Hide Post
PC ,
You were unlucky . It's not a design fault . There is a problem with the mag on the particular CZ 550 you looked at . A mate of mine has one in .22/250 that feeds perfectly . Whilst the mag isn't super easy to load it isn't difficult either . Has the advantage of being able to keep a spare one in his pocket . 6 of one , half a dozen of the other I reckon .
It'll cost you a big quid to get a trigger on the Winny as good as a CZ trigger can be with a bit of work .
I'm sure I wouldn't sell a Remmy that I know shoots well to buy a Winchester that is an unknown quantity (I have a model 70 myself by the way) .
I could understand it when you said you really loved CZ's and wanted another . Confused

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My .223 just loves 53 grain Hornady hollow points and 748. Outstanding rifle. Sorry yours didn't work out.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote