New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAR CONTROL Needed Now!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Steven Kazmierczak killed 5 students and then himself in De Kalb, IL. An immediate cry for more gun controls began to echo throughout the fruited plain including one from our future president Obama.

Early this morning, in Accokeek MD a car drove into a crowd of drag-racing spectators killing 8. Do you suppose we'll see a cry for Car Control and a ban on drag racing??

Hold your breath.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
That was an illegal street race...so it could not really have happened..it was illegal. Just like gun control, only law breakers will have guns.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
This story sure has a bunch of unanswered questions, at least in my eyes.

I think one reason is it occurred in a suburb 10-20 miles south of DC, because a street race that had 8 people killed is usually pursued a little more aggressively than this one seems to be.

Most recent story I read said the police are not interested in finding the 2 racers since they did not "cause the accident". Witnesses are put at between "50 and 300" so I'm sure the cops know who the racers. It's also interesting the driver of the Ford Crown Vic hasn't been named, when was the last time someone ran over 7 people and they didn't name the driver?

I'm not saying break out the tinfoil beanies but if this had happened in LA or most anywhere else I think there'd be a bit more journalism being done about it.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote