WALTER'S OWN

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Walter's Own General Discussions    "What Was Is Just What Was," sung by Bev Kelly in "The Late Show"

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"What Was Is Just What Was," sung by Bev Kelly in "The Late Show"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just finished watching my DVD of an excellent movie, "The Late Show," starring Art Carney and Lily Tomlin. Among its attractions is a wonderful theme song, "What Was Is Just What Was," sung by Bev Kelly. I want very much to acquire Ms. Kelly's version of the song to play on my stereo system, but I can find no album of Ms. Kelly's having the song as a track. As far as I can tell, the only place it is available is as part of the sound track of the movie - which I own.

Since I have no way of transferring the song - its entirety being during the closing credits - from DVD to any playable and recordable digital file, I'm stymied.

I'm confident there is a way, but easier would be any of the bazillion places where songs can be purchased singly. I have bought one digital album - about a year ago with Koko Taylor's version of "Evil (is going on)." I do not remember how I did this or where.

I will appreciate any assistance obtaining a digital file of the song. And if you have not yet viewed "The Late Show," you're in for a treat.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
quote:
"What Was Is Just What Was," sung by Bev Kelly

What Was: Bev Kelly

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swamp_Fox:
quote:

I am nearly certain THIS is the song. But I run TenFourFox on Mac OS X 10.4.11. TenFourFox, a variation of Firefox that emulates later versions on older versions of OS X, does not run Adobe Flash.

So I cannot verify this is the song. And I have no way of downloading the audio to play it on iTunes to verify the song either.

Any possibility you have the capability to download the audio as something playable via iTunes and email the file as an attachment?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Naphtali:
quote:
Originally posted by Swamp_Fox:
quote:

I am nearly certain THIS is the song. But I run TenFourFox on Mac OS X 10.4.11. TenFourFox, a variation of Firefox that emulates later versions on older versions of OS X, does not run Adobe Flash.

So I cannot verify this is the song. And I have no way of downloading the audio to play it on iTunes to verify the song either.

Any possibility you have the capability to download the audio as something playable via iTunes and email the file as an attachment?

If you can't play YouTube vids on the computer you might be due for an upgrade. I'm not sure what would work.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
Naphtali, I converted and uploaded the video to here:
http://florians.org/jslayer/Wh...by%20Bev%20Kelly.wmv

It's in Windows Media format so it should open in your media player.

Enjoy

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Now you made me install Media player.

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
I can convert it to MP3 if necessary.

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe:
I can convert it to MP3 if necessary.

It wasn't that big of a deal. I was using something else that didn't recognize the file.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe:
Naphtali, I converted and uploaded the video to here:
http://florians.org/jslayer/Wh...by%20Bev%20Kelly.wmv

It's in Windows Media format so it should open in your media player.

Enjoy

I have enjoyed it several times in the last ten minutes.

PM sent.

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post