Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted
This is a video that I put together for my cousin Daniel who passed this week. I always liked this song, I hope you enjoy it too.

That's us holding up the salmon, he's the older one. The salmon pics were taken in 1981. The rest is just pics of him and his family mostly.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
A touching tribute.....I'm sorry for your loss, Rub Line.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An appropriate memorial. Thanks for sharing.
If the picture with Salmon was in 1981, then your cousin was a relatively young man, in his mid to late forties and was taken before his time. We are diminished. Condolences and best to you and yours in your time of loss and grief.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your Cuz.He looked to be a happy young man!!!!

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoomRM
posted Hide Post
Deepest sympathies for your loss, RL. May God bring you and your family comfort during this difficult time.

Sincerely,
Boom

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long.....

Posts: 82 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your tribute does his memory a great honor.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful tribute to your cousin. Very touching, that brought tears to my eyes, brother. God be with you all during this time.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
That was a very respectfull tribute. He was lucky to have a friend/cousin like you. We should all hope we leave a legacy that deserves such a tribute.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the kind words, it really means a lot to me. It's been two months now and I still can't watch the entire video without getting emotional. He was a wonderful human being, a good father to his kids and very successful in life, though his life was also very tragic in many ways.

We're burying his ashes on saturday, right next to our grandfather that took us salmon fishing as kids. I normally dont's spill my guts on a public forum, I'm actually a very private person, but for some reason it seems to help in this case. Perhaps because I'm not surrounded by people that were close to him like I was.

Anyway, I really appreciate all of the kind words and, like someone stated above, hopefully we will all leave behind a legacy such as my cousin Daniel.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rub Line

Sorry for your Familys loss.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are diminished...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
A beautiful tribute. Having lost someone close recently, I know the pain of such a close loss. My humbled condolences.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote