New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manucher Salimi 1968 St. Louis University graduate college
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This might be an unsolvable query. In 1968 I was close friends with Manucher Salimi in St. Louis University's graduate college in political science. He was in his 40s and, I believe, a colonel in the Shah's Iranian army. I lost touch with him during my service in the army and subsequent hospitalization. Since 1979, I have been extremely reluctant to try to locate him. I believed that were he not jailed - or worse - someone from USA trying to correspond with him would cause him nothing but trouble. He was married. His home address at that time was 43 Showcat Street, Tehran, Iran.

Is he alive? If he is, his whereabouts? Anyone help me out?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ismith
posted Hide Post
https://www.iranrights.org/mem...164/manuchehr-salimi
This might be the guy?

What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.

Posts: 249 | Location: Montana | Registered: 17 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for the link. Unpleasantly, this victim could be my friend. I can call SLU to find out whether they can confirm either way.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ismith
posted Hide Post
I often wonder what became of the translators I worked with in Mosul back in 2003.

What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.

Posts: 249 | Location: Montana | Registered: 17 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ismith:
https://www.iranrights.org/mem...164/manuchehr-salimi
This might be the guy?
It was he. Rest in Peace, and may his murderers rot in hell.