New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDs having these two songs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
While Howlin' Wolf's (spelling??) rendition of "Evil's Goin' On" is considered to be definitive, I prefer Koko Taylor's rendition. After a bazillion interlibrary loans of Koko Taylor CDs, I still have not identified a CD having the song. Anyone who has it, please furnish me with name and identification of THAT CD.

I am having the same difficulty finding the rendition of "Friendship" with Jack Benny and ???. I believe the song occurred in some sort of variety show motion picture in the 1930s, but that's all I think I know. I still have not identified a CD having the song. Anyone who has it, please furnish me with name and identification of THAT CD.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try u-tube i have seen stuff up there that i thought didn't exist anywhere.
you could contact the poster for further information.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two CDs have the track;

Koko Taylor - Queen Of The Blues
Track name is "Evil" but in the song she says "Evil" (is goin' on). I think you can download the mp3 file from Amazon for about $.99.

Koko Taylor - Adventures In Babysitting

The only song I know of about "Friendship" was between Jack Benny and Fred Allen. It was a short clip from a 1937 Jell-O radio show. I believe the show can be had from Amazon under "Fred Allen" and the CD is "Jack Benny Vs Fred Allen". I have a copy of the show which is a 25Mb mp3 file, but have no idea how you could listen to it.
I certainly wouldn't purchase the CD on the scant bits of information I'm giving you.
Good Luck !!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks. Rather than be a piker, I bought "Queen of the Blues." "Evil" is as good as I remember, plus there are three other songs I enjoy as much. I first heard snatches during the motion picture, "Mercury Rising" and heard longer snatch during "Adventures in Babysitting." The entire song is better!

"Friendship" remains a question mark. I became hooked on it as a boy - not the Benny-Allen version, though. I used to watch the ABC television program, "The American Sportsman," religiously when it was primarily hunting and fly fishing with Joe Brooks - that is, before "beautiful people" infestation. The episode that hooked me was Bing Crosby and Phil Harris bird hunting. They were having a grand time and playfully sang a corrupted version of "Friendship." Wonderful entertainment for a youngster.

quote:
Originally posted by BEJ:
Two CDs have the track;

Koko Taylor - Queen Of The Blues
Track name is "Evil" but in the song she says "Evil" (is goin' on). I think you can download the mp3 file from Amazon for about $.99.

Koko Taylor - Adventures In Babysitting

The only song I know of about "Friendship" was between Jack Benny and Fred Allen. It was a short clip from a 1937 Jell-O radio show. I believe the show can be had from Amazon under "Fred Allen" and the CD is "Jack Benny Vs Fred Allen". I have a copy of the show which is a 25Mb mp3 file, but have no idea how you could listen to it.
I certainly wouldn't purchase the CD on the scant bits of information I'm giving you.
Good Luck !!!

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote