New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tax Deductible Donations?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was on the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation's website last night and it appears donations are tax deductible.

What other organizations similar to this qualify for donations that are tax deductible?

Posts: 294 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 17 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Xero
posted Hide Post
Non-Profit organizations with a charter designating them 501 (c)(3) are tax exempt and donations to them are deductible.

Political organizations, NRA comes to mind, are organized under 503 (c)(4) and donations are not deductible.

We were trying to organize a shooting range locally, and charter for (c)(3) was declined because we were accepting support and materials from NRA, and we were involved in some political issues regarding county funding of the range.

==================================================================
A. Hamilton "The Federalist, No. 29, 'Concerning the Militia'"

[I]f circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist.

Posts: 130 | Location: Tombouctou, Mali  | Registered: 11 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
All the 'unlimited' groups
Duck
Quail
Trout

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote