New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Ian Tyson fans?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This fellow has quickly become on of my favorites.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quien Sabe, as the Mexicans say!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Music.Touches your Soul.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep. Got hooked when I was living in Alberta. Listening now to CKUA radio over here via the net. They play him which is where I found him originally. Good stuff.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several Ian and Sylvia albums still in playable condition. LOVE their music. I heard Ian had some sort of throat problem that changed his voice....haven't heard any new stuff from him.
"Four Strong Winds"...AWESOME tune to sing to myself when riding.

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I believe that he trains cutting horses as well.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep Ian loves cutting horses. He played at the NCHA futurity in Ft Worth several times. I lived a lot of his music-LOL he can put a lot of emotion and memory into a song.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think my current favorite of his is off the Cowboyography CD, entitled "Cowboy Pride". Michel Martin Murphy covers this and does well, but its not the same.

Best

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gonna make me dig out my old cassette tapes and play'em in the truck...last place I've got a player dancing

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of my Grandpa, specifically "Lights of Laramie." I miss him so much since he passed, but every time I hear that tune he's right here with me!!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I am now.

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One more,

Best

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
His "I outgrew the wagon" strikes home now also.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ian's been my fav artist for over 20 yrs. His newer stuff, since his damageded vocal cords, has a different sound for sure. "Saddle Bronc Girl" I'm really starting to like!

Posts: 26 | Location: Glenrock, WY | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote