WALTER'S OWN

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOW! Isn't This The Ultimate In Utter Stupidity?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66996 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A faggot painting?

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Saeed;
I cannot agree with you more.
That painting reminds me of a painting a lady tried to sell me. It was hidious, I tried to be polite while declining. She would not take the hint that I was not interested until I said that i would not use her painting to patch holes in my chicken house.
You would have thought that I thumped her between the eyes with my index finger. She was offended and distraught. More importantly she took her painting and went away.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great for the outhouse of a Minnesotan..

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'd rather have that than a picture of obama barf

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are there any GOOD paintings the art world DOES like??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's uglier than Pelosi and Feinstein combined! And that takes some doing!

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I guess I fail as person who truly understands and appreciates "fine art".

40 bucks at one of those starving artist sales at some local motel.
No it would not sell when placed among artists works.

ONLY true connoisseurs of art could appreciate that painting.

Not unlike the valuable "Folk Art" on a board and the value the art world place on them.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
40 million for that hideous thing? 40 pesos would be way too much for that

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I have a Picasso which I bought about 50 years ago, My wife hates it, so I used to have it hanging in our downstairs bathroom next to my shop and the recreation room. In this newer, much smaller house it is stored in a drawer under a bed in one of the guest rooms. I really like some of Picasso's work, but I think the work I have seen by Bacon would be a good way to permanently scare away cockroaches, or to make an enemy upchuck by flashing it at him in battle...thus making him temporarily defenseless.

Now Salvador Dali, I really like. There were a bunch of his ink drawings for sale at the University of Oklahoma in the mid 1960's and I have always regretted not buying 4 or more of them...they were only $40 apiece!!!

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
I reckon that is a genie's reaction after being kicked in the nuts and his lamp was pinched. Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much would it be worth, if the boyfriend didn't kill himself? I imagine that is the whole reason that the price is absurdly ridiculous, or even sought after!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xs headspace
posted Hide Post
I did an electrical renovation on a house for an artist who did similar stuff. Dimitri Paetrov, a one armed drunk. I asked him what a painting he was busily slopping paint on meant. "Meaning? It means the plumber wants another $4000, and some idiot in NYC will pay that much for something like this!"

Hippie redneck geezer

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Alberta,I wish I could have bought the Dali's in anywhere that price range. Hindsight is 20/20 on decisions made + unmade.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It should be modified to put the subject in a RED star Trek shirt and renamed to "Transporter Accident"... other than that very limited use it looks like Whale Vomit

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote