New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remembering "Bob Hope"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ol Biker. I viewed this on Saturday, Oscar Night. I don't think further comments are necessary.
Sincerely!
Brice

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was on the USS Franklin D Roosevelt CVA42 on a westpac cruise (vietnam) and will always remember Bob Hope and Joey Heatherton when they performed for us. Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks olbiker

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob Hope was so well respected by the military that the Navy named an entire class of cargo ships after him. No other entertainer can claim that honor, and damn few military heros or politicians can claim a class of ships either.

That says a lot.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I saw his show at the Hill 327 stage outside Da Nang RVN '66-'67. Sat so far up the hill I could hardly see them on stage. But it was worth it. He was a great entertainer who truely loved the troops.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
salute

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote