New
Find
Notify
Tools

T"he Way Ahead" is divorced from my reality of Army training
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
"The Way Ahead" is a 1944 British propaganda movie starring David Niven I watched online. Of its type it is much more entertaining than most. I shows a platoom of drafees' life through basic training and i suppose AIT and their beginning combat.

I enlisted in 1969, Basic at Fort Hamilton, AIT at Fort Leonard Wood, aka Fort Lost-in-the-Woods, aka Little Korea. While Basic was pretty much a joke, AIT was demanding. But compared with te movie's enlisted ma's training, mine was essentially nothing. Even OCS' "first eight weeks weeding out" was nothing compared with what the movie's glimpse of Niven's OCS.

Again, while decent entertainment, it was like entering the Twilight Zone.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1501 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a good laugh, if you're familiar with the country, watch The 49 Parallel, WWll propaganda film with a Canadian slant. Some big name actors involved. those Germans are amazing and dangerous people . Smiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-NCoGUvZ0w

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1605 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote