New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something for the anti tattoo crowd
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are you going to tell him what scum he is????I suppose you would never hire him either.
http://woundedtimes.blogspot.c...-will-sacrifice.html

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People get tats for different reasons. My grandfather was a skipper in the Merchant Marine during WWII, and had two ships torpedoed out from under him. He had a full rigged ship on his right bicep. I always admired it, and him. I certainly don't have different feelings about the young soldier.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Yep he is scum...lower than dirt...un employable...and if it were a lady she would be a tramp on top of those

Glad I have my ink every day of my life and never cover it up!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I laugh at people with tattoos everyday.
It is sort of a repeat of the late 1960s longs hair. in other words, "How can I follow the crowd to make myself unique"?
Nothing looks worse than a nice looking woman with dragon's breath running up her neck.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fashion here at the moment seems to be Neck Tattoos ,mainly i think from New Zealand influence, since this country is now over run with Kiwis and they nearly all have Tattoos

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankhunter:
The fashion here at the moment seems to be Neck Tattoos ,mainly i think from New Zealand influence, since this country is now over run with Kiwis and they nearly all have Tattoos

Funny, just ran into a guy at the grocery store today. He had, what I assume was his name tattooed around his neck. Had to bite the old tongue real hard not to make a Smart Ass comment. Big Grin

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I ain't anti-tattoo, I just do not want one myself.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which branch of service were you in Ted, and which war did you fight in defending your country that so motivated you to commemorate it with a tattoo? Must have been that bitch-slappin' contest in the second grade when that little girl took your ho-ho's at recess...

There were more than sixty of the Rangers that served in the same company I did in in Vietnam at the reunion this summer. I believe three of them had 'tats at the reunion, and two were HD something or another.

We cut those who served their country in time of war a bit more slack than crackheads from Missouri.

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Which branch of service were you in Ted, and which war did you fight in defending your country that so motivated you to commemorate it with a tattoo? Must have been that bitch-slappin' contest in the second grade when that little girl took your ho-ho's at recess...

There were more than sixty of the Rangers that served in the same company I did in in Vietnam at the reunion this summer. I believe three of them had 'tats at the reunion, and two were HD something or another.

We cut those who served their country in time of war a bit more slack than crackheads from Missouri.

regards,

Rich

Rich, You are from Missouri, are you a "crackhead"?

P.S. still waiting on some of those elk pictures

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
did you mean:

Something for the anti tattoo crowd!!!!

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankhunter:

-they can be purchased with food stamps here.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I have no problems with "all" tattoos. I don't even have a problem with the freaks. They shouldn't have a problem with people who refuse to hire them either.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I rank ink right there with body piercings, and judge accordingly.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Are you going to tell him what scum he is????I suppose you would never hire him either.
http://woundedtimes.blogspot.c...-will-sacrifice.html

My wounded Marine son has 9 tats--and NO --I do not approve- and I might not hire him.

Love him-yes, respect his service yes-, admire his courage - yes--

Hire him to represent my company--maybe not.

Being a good or even great Marine is not necessarily supportive evidence for good judgment-- especially with respect to handling people or business situations.

Tattoo's speak loudly, what is heard varies by the observer--

good or bad--the tattoo's owner should realize this fact---most do not or worse care not.

They shuck this fact off by--"I don't give a --" what you or anyone else think.

WHICH is precisely why they may not get to represent MY business.

I want "my" people to "Give a hoot"-- about my image, my companies image,. my products, services AND more importantly--
themselves--
and the way they are perceived and therefore received by the clients.

Anyone with enough anti-social attitude to "not give a--"
can work elsewhere,
your son, my son, medals ---or not.

(and yes--I did serve--before you go down that road.)

We are all free to have opinions--yours-- but also--mine.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great post DB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a girl at work covered in bit of metal, those ugly big hole in your ear ''Things'' what ever they are called i dont know ,on her leg she has a Tattoo of a Toaster ,thats right a toaster .Somebody said ''well maybe be shes likes toast '',something to show the grandkids one day ! how would you explain that one ?

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 4 tattoos. nothing on public skin, and when I got them it was a pretty exclusive group that got tattoos, generally speaking sailors, marines, and convicts. I have never understood the neck and face tattoos, but hey, pay your money and take your chances.

If we don't try, we don't do. And if we don't do, what are we here for?

Posts: 47 | Location: Kodiak, AK | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My guess is AR is 90% white collar. Just a guess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doubledown:
My guess is AR is 90% white collar. Just a guess.

And not involved with the real World.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not my skin, I don't care if you have them or not.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
guns - Which exclusive group are you in? Wink Just curious.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by guns68:
I have 4 tattoos. nothing on public skin, and when I got them it was a pretty exclusive group that got tattoos, generally speaking sailors, marines, and convicts. I have never understood the neck and face tattoos, but hey, pay your money and take your chances.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, I've never been a Marine, and I'm doing my best to stay out of jail (if you don't count that time in Tijuana Wink) As far a being a Sailor; 4 years U.S. Navy and 20 (and still counting) U.S. Coast Guard.

If we don't try, we don't do. And if we don't do, what are we here for?

Posts: 47 | Location: Kodiak, AK | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted here in a while, would like to give my 2 1/2 cents on this subject.
Before any questions are asked, yes I am a disabled Marine veteran. Been there, done that, have enough replaced parts in my rear end to nearly build a titanium framed Harley Davidson.
And I will add that yes, I do agree with DuggaBoy's view on a company representation standpoint. There is a very large stereotype that those whom are tattooed really don't give a damn about a professional appearance, and another that we are under educated and subject ourselves to unsavory hobbies. Which of course there are those with tattoos that do fit that profile very soundly, no doubt about it.
However, I am covered. My arms, whole upper body, my legs. Essentially I'm almost out of space after tomorrow, when I get my other half of my chest covered. Yet they can all be covered by wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans, therefore that whole first appearance thing is certainly not an issue unless I want it to be. One wouldn't even know or assume I have tattoos if they couldn't see.
I do not understand and probably never will understand what the big fuss over tattoos is. It certainly did not stop Northrop Grumman from interviewing and subsequently begin processing me to be hired with them. Maybe I'm one of the "rare tattooed fellows" that gives a rat's ass and strived for greater intellegence, including a Bachelor's in Science and such extensive studies in metallurgy, composites and engineering that I can stump even the most proud? Which doesn't make any sense either given my great friend had many tattoos and could destroy me at a good debate. Or maybe it's because I have the morals that my father instilled into me and this shines over the fact that my skin has different colors? Which doesn't make any sense either given many of my peers who are not tattooed are spoiled, arrogant little shits yet do not have assumptions built upon them.
I did not get any of my tattoos to be part, or apart, from any crowd. Nor did I get them to scare my elders or to receive attention. I am actually rather conservative by nature and merely got them because my brother has them, and I wanted them too. And I like them. If someone doesn't like them, I'll respect their opinion. Hell, I hate retractable awnings, and if someone likes them, that's okay. However the prejudice is not necessarily one that is entirely accurate to everyone. It's like saying "Well, Jim, shit...you meet all of our criteria for this engineering position, and exceed in many levels. But you're partially bald, and must be going through some sort of midlife crisis. Therfore you must own an expensive convertible vehicle and drive recklessly. We are sorry but we cannot accept you into our company, go work for Wal-Mart."
Makes sense?

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Metalsmith:
Haven't posted here in a while, would like to give my 2 1/2 cents on this subject.
Before any questions are asked, yes I am a disabled Marine veteran. Been there, done that, have enough replaced parts in my rear end to nearly build a titanium framed Harley Davidson.
And I will add that yes, I do agree with DuggaBoy's view on a company representation standpoint. There is a very large stereotype that those whom are tattooed really don't give a damn about a professional appearance, and another that we are under educated and subject ourselves to unsavory hobbies. Which of course there are those with tattoos that do fit that profile very soundly, no doubt about it.
However, I am covered. My arms, whole upper body, my legs. Essentially I'm almost out of space after tomorrow, when I get my other half of my chest covered. Yet they can all be covered by wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans, therefore that whole first appearance thing is certainly not an issue unless I want it to be. One wouldn't even know or assume I have tattoos if they couldn't see.
I do not understand and probably never will understand what the big fuss over tattoos is. It certainly did not stop Northrop Grumman from interviewing and subsequently begin processing me to be hired with them. Maybe I'm one of the "rare tattooed fellows" that gives a rat's ass and strived for greater intellegence, including a Bachelor's in Science and such extensive studies in metallurgy, composites and engineering that I can stump even the most proud? Which doesn't make any sense either given my great friend had many tattoos and could destroy me at a good debate. Or maybe it's because I have the morals that my father instilled into me and this shines over the fact that my skin has different colors? Which doesn't make any sense either given many of my peers who are not tattooed are spoiled, arrogant little shits yet do not have assumptions built upon them.
I did not get any of my tattoos to be part, or apart, from any crowd. Nor did I get them to scare my elders or to receive attention. I am actually rather conservative by nature and merely got them because my brother has them, and I wanted them too. And I like them. If someone doesn't like them, I'll respect their opinion. Hell, I hate retractable awnings, and if someone likes them, that's okay. However the prejudice is not necessarily one that is entirely accurate to everyone. It's like saying "Well, Jim, shit...you meet all of our criteria for this engineering position, and exceed in many levels. But you're partially bald, and must be going through some sort of midlife crisis. Therfore you must own an expensive convertible vehicle and drive recklessly. We are sorry but we cannot accept you into our company, go work for Wal-Mart."
Makes sense?

Bro,there are those who will never understand.Thank you for your Service. OB

posted Hide Post
I hate to agree that just being a Soldier, Sailor, or Marine doesnt make you a model citizen. Fact of the matter is every branch of service has scum just like those who dont wear a uniform. As far as that goes even the more elite military units: the 82nd, the 101st, the Ranger Battalions, the Seals, Special Forces all of them have scum in them to.

As a wise old Colonel told me once "the uniform doesnt make the man, the man makes the uniform".

Posts: 5 | Location: Gods Country, Kentucky | Registered: 18 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
Years ago i ran a team installing a/c ducting in hi rise buildings and most of my team were Maori and 2 of them had tribal tats on the face. it was part of there cuture and they were damm proud of it. These guys were family men one of which was sending almost every thing he made home to NZ to help pay for cancer treatment for his neice.

Mind you people looked down on them people who had no right to do so. it is amazing how a bit of ink can change peoples outlook on other people.
I think it is your choice if you get tats or not and were you get them but you have to live with the outcome

Posts: 110 | Location: sydney australia | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote